Fly fishing for trout in the cotswolds.
Salford Trout Lakes is a small privately owned Trout Fishery comprising of two spring fed lakes totalling 8 acres of water set admist beautiful, rural North Cotswold countryside. The lakes have been in the same family ownership since their creation some 43 years ago. The adjoining unspoilt countryside acts as a wonderful habitat for numerous plant, fly and insect life which lends itself to producing challenging fishing for Brown, Rainbow, Blue and a few Tiger Trout
Season Opens Thursday March 9th 2017
2017 Season Information
|Full Rod Membership
(members entitled to a free guest ticket from April 1st)
After July 1st £25.00
Half day tickets are for three hours. Evening tickets from 5.00 pm
Season opens Thursday, 9th March
Season closes Sunday, 29th October
Last season we relaxed the 'catch and kill' policy that we have adopted for many years and started to introduce greater flexibility towards 'catch and release'. Browns, Blue and Tiger Trout and all species on the Lower Lake may be returned to the water.
(Full details posted in the huts at both lakes).
The easter holiday is an excellent time to start
fishing. Tuition is available and concessionary
rates apply for under 15’s. Please ring fishery
office for details.
Fishing rules and regulations
- Fly fishing only with single hook flies maximum size 10.
- All Fishermen must register in the hut before commencing to fish.
- Season members limit of 5 fish per day and 15 per month.
- There will be limited catch and release on all species in the Lower Lake whilst the Top Lake only Blue Tiger and Brown Trout may be returned to the water
- Half Day tickets for 3hrs. Evenings from 5.00pm
- No 'booby's' or large lures.
Rods and equipment are available to hire for visitors whilst in the area.
Tuition, advice and assistance are available by appointment.
Salford Trout Lakes, Rectory Farm, Salford, Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire, OX7 5YY, Tel: (01608) 643209, firstname.lastname@example.org
© Salford Trout Lakes 2017